Astra Quicktest (First version)
The first version of QTP was named Astra QuickTest and it was released by Mercury Interactive(MI) in May 1998. The starting price for the software was $3995 per copy.
Astra QuickTest 3.0
Astra QuickTest 3.0 was released in Feb 2000. The software copy was priced at $2995 and it needed IE4.0 or higher to run.
Astra QuickTest 5.0 (Astra QuickTest Professional 5.5)
Astra QuickTest 5.0 was released in Feb 2001. This version was able to test multimedia elements like Real Audio/Video and Macromedia Flash etc. After the addition of various patches, Astra Quicktest 5.0 was renamed Astra QuickTest Professional 5.5.
QuickTest Professional 6.5
QuickTest Professional 6.5 was released in Sep 2003 and lost Astra as part of its name. The major new features added in this version were:
- Support for Quick Test Automation Object Model
- Recovery Mechanism
- XML Output Value
- XML Schema Validation
- Analog Recording
QuickTest Professional 8.0
QuickTest Professional 8.0 was released in late 2004. The major new features added in this version were:
- Unicode Support
- Keyword View
- Business Process Testing
- Action/Test Parameters
QuickTest Professional 8.2
QuickTest Professional 8.2 was released in early 2005. The major new features added in this version were:
- Patches on top of version QTP 8.0
- Ability for Auto-Documentation
- Step Generator
- Enhanced Expert View
QuickTest Professional 9.0
QuickTest Professional 9.0 was released in April 2006. This was the time when Mercury started phasing out another popular product WinRunner since the company had integrated all its capabilities in QTP. The major new features added in this version were:
- Object Repository Manager
- Object Repository Merge Tool
- Multiple Object Repositories per Action or Component
- XML Object Repository Format
- Function Library Editor
- Handling Missing Actions and Resources
QuickTest Professional 9.1/9.2
QuickTest Professional 9.2 was released in Feb 2007. During this time HP completed its acquisition of Mercury interactive(MI) which started in late 2006. The major new features added in this version were:
- Mercury Screen Recorder
- Dynamic Management of Object Repositories
QuickTest Professional 9.5
QuickTest Professional 9.5 was released in Jan 2008. The major new features added in this version were:
- Support for tabbed browsing
- Bitmap checkpoint tolerance level through UI itself
- WebAddin Extensibility
QuickTest Professional 10.0
QuickTest Professional 10.0 was released in Jan 2009. With this version QTP started providing 30 days trial instead of 14 days trial offered in the earlier versions. The major new features introduced in this version were:
- Centrally Manage and Share Testing Assets, Dependencies, and Versions in Quality Center 10.00
- Perform Single-User Local System Monitoring While Running Your Tests
- Improve Portability by Saving Copies of Tests Together with Their Resource Files
- Call Actions Dynamically During the Test Run
- Develop Your Own Bitmap Checkpoint Comparison Algorithm
- Centrally Manage Your Work Items and ToDo Tasks in the To Do Pane
- Improve Test Results Analysis with New Reporting Functionality
- Test Standard and Custom Delphi Objects Using the Delphi Add-in and Delphi Add-in Extensibility
QuickTest Professional 11.0
- Quick Test Professional 11.0 was released in Sep 2010.
- Themajor new features added in this version were:
- XPath and CSS based object identification
- Good Looking and Enhanced Results Viewer
- Easy Regular Expressions
- Now identify objects not only in relation to each other but in relation to neighboring objects. Visual Relation Identifier
- Load Function Libraries at Run Time
- Test Your GUI and UI-Less Application Functionality in One Test
- Record Support For FireFox is now available
- QTP 11 is capable of receiving Java or .NET log framework messages from your application which can then be embedded in the run results
- Improved test data management when integrated with Quality Centrer
- QTP 11 now supports Web 2.0 Toolkit Applications out-of-the-box similar to any other add-ins.
QuickTest Professional 11.50 Unified Functional Testing 11.50(Dec 2012)
The combo of QuickTest Pro(QTP) + Service Test(ST) is now integrated into Unified Functional Testing(UFT). The Themajor new features added in this version were:
- HP UFT Insight
- Multiple script Debugging
- PDF Checkpoints
- Support Open Source CI Systems
- Mobile Testing Support
Unified Functional Testing 11.51
A service pack UFT_00001.exe was released in Feb 2013 which has changed the version of UFT from UFT 11.50 to UFT 11.51.
- This patch has various bug fixes and minor enhancements. It has an added support for Windows 8 and IE 10.
- Mozilla Firefox version 19 is now supported with a patch UFT_00037.EXE
Unified Functional Testing 11.52
A service pack UFT_00022.EXE was released in June 2013 which has changed the version of UFT from UFT 11.51 to UFT 11.52. (This service pack can be installed directly on top of 11.50, you don’t need UFT 11.51 if you have not installed it earlier)
- This patch has various bug fixes and minor enhancements. With this patch, UFT now fully supports .xlsx format.
- HP is keeping pace with Firefox. It has added support for Firefox 21 in this pack.
- A new method was added for Insight objects: ClickSpecial.
- New versions are supported for SAP CRM, WDA, SAP Portal.
- New support for numerous SAP Web Dynpro ABAP controls.
Unified Functional Testing 11.53
A service pack UFT_00044.EXE was released in December 2013 which has changed the version of UFT from UFT 11.52 to UFT 11.53. (This service pack can be installed directly on top of 11.50, you don’t need UFT 11.51 or 11.52 if you have not installed them earlier)
- This Service Pack addresses quality and performance issues found in the 11.50 Major release and its previous service packs, SP 1 & SP 2.
- This service pack is a mandatory update for all UFT 11.50/11.51/11.52 and Service Test 11.50/11.51/11.52 users.
Unified Functional Testing 12
UFT 12 was released in March 2014. The Themajor new features added in this version were:
- Better, Faster installer
- Better ALM authentication
- Auto Upload of run results to ALM
- Introducing support to test Safari browser on a remote Mac (in technology preview mode)
- Support for more technologies
Unified Functional Testing 12.01
UFT 12.01 was released in July 2014. The major new features introduced in UFT 12.01 were:
UFT 12.02 is the latest version available in the market as of April 2015
- Official support for Windows 8.1
- Support for Safari on Mac OS is now out of Tech Preview and available for production environment
- Chrome extension for UFT is available in Chrome Store from now on
- Better documentation
- Support for windows run time objects
The material is from Learn QTP.com